Welcome to the Community Housing Improvement Program
CHIP represents thousands of apartment building owners in New York City's five boroughs and has been a key player in City and State housing policy for over 40 years.
- CHIP provides a telephone helpline to answer owners' questions about City and State agencies and to help owners navigate the bureaucracy.
- CHIP defends the multifamily industry at the City Council, in Albany, and in Washington DC.
- CHIP educates members with at least seven annual topical seminars on important matters such as Lead Paint, Benchmarking, new laws and regulations and how best to comply.
- CHIP intervenes in legal proceedings where important principles of concern to our industry are at stake.
- CHIP disseminates information and reports important housing news by publishing the New York Housing Journal eleven times per year and keeps you current with frequent email blasts.
- CHIP advocates on behalf of every member as the leading voice in the fight for building owner rights.
- CHIP encourages the exchange of information providing opportunities for members to network.
- CHIP maintains a list of product and service vendors who have successfully completed projects for other CHIIP members.
"I have been a member of CHIP for the past seven years. I also belong to other property owner groups. However, CHIP is where I get the most practical and helpful information. When I bought my first apartment house, I found myself in a regulatory nightmare. I called CHIP and was immediately referred to another CHIP owner with experience with my problem. I followed his advice, cleared the problem with the DHCR, and avoided a costly rent reduction. You can bet I'll be a life-long member of CHIP."